Monday, March 29, 2010
Monday Marketplace on OFG
1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?
My etsy shoppe is called Icehousecrafts. I choose that name as when I started selling and buying online we lived in an old farmhouse of which was once an icehouse for the farm that we lived on. The walls in the icehouse part of the house were 24” thick stone. The farm was established in 1905.
2. How long have you been on Etsy?
I’ve been selling on etsy since February 2008.
3. What type of items do you offer?
Mostly on etsy I offer hand painted stenciled wood signs. I have also offered hand painted vintage pieces from time to time.
4. How long have you been crafting?
I’ve been doing crafts since I was a young girl...from crochet to macramé and finally to decorative painting. I’ve been painting fulltime since my middle son was a toddler so about 18 years for painting.
5. Who or What inspires you?
Customers are a great source for inspiration. They give you the framework for an idea and things just go from there.
6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
I have to say my favorite things in my etsy shoppe right now are my ouija board sign and wrong answer sign. The ouija board sign because as a young girl I was fascinated with “how” it worked. The wrong answer one, well it’s just obvious from looking at it as to why! LOL!
7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog)
Be sure and stop by and see all that she has to offer.