Each and every Monday I will be feauturing a shop from Old Farmhouse Gatherings, this way you will get to know all the talented artists on our group. Today I have chosen Apple Tree Cottage. I'm sure you will agree she is very talented.
1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?
When I was a little girl, my family moved. I was very lonely but found a library near our home, so I would walk there every day and spend hours browsing at books. I found a book titled Apple Tree Cottage and I was absolutely swept away by it. The cottage was a magical place where peace and love was found. I decided if I would name my shop in honor of this book that has such an impression on me when I was young.
2. How long have you been on Etsy?
I joined Etsy in January, 2008.
3. What type of items do you offer?
I offer an eclectic mix of vintage, folk art and primitive items. I love to paint on old pieces that have a story to tell when they come my way.
4. How long have you been crafting? FOREVER!
I have been fortunate to be surrounded by people who have encouraged me since I was small. My husband and my daughter are my two biggest fans.
5. Who or What inspires you?
I love things that come to me with a history. Old boxes, drawers and coffee pots have a story to tell and I like to add just a little “prim” icing on the cake when I find a piece that longs to be reinvented.
6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
I can’t say I have one favorite piece. I love everything I paint… each item in my store is something that I would place in my own home.
7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog) I sell only on Etsy.
You may visit my blog at appletreecottage.blogspot.com.